Commercial law is the business law discipline related to activities usually allocated to the individuals working on generating profits. The definition of this practice area can only be partial as these activities take many forms and can even be exercised by non-profit institutions.
These activities include:
- Sale and lease of goods and services;
- Collaboration to create and develop businesses;
- Partnerships between corporations;
- Representation and implementation of mandates;
- Transportation and logistics;
- Financial services and insurance;
- Set-up and management of information technology;
- Supply of goods and services;
- Promotion and marketing;
- Operation of properties and businesses on behalf of others.